Girl, 2, with dairy allergy rushed to hospital after vegan Frankie & Benny's meal

Girl, 2, with dairy allergy rushed to hospital after vegan Frankie & Benny’s meal

A toddler was rushed to hospital after suffering a potentially lethal allergic reaction to food eaten at a Frankie & Benny’s . Davita Thandi’s two-year-old daughter passed out after feeling clammy and complaining of a stomach ache. Her mum had ordered the vegan pasta for herself and the vegan pizza for her daughter, who has […]

Continue Reading
Babies born by C-Section are more likely to suffer with allergies

Babies born by C-Section are more likely to suffer with allergies

Babies born by C-section have drastically altered gut bacteria which scientists warn could be why Britain faces an epidemic of allergies. People delivered via caesarean are known to be more likely to develop allergies, asthma and a host of autoimmune diseases, which are all on the rise. UK scientists have launched the biggest ever analysis […]

Continue Reading
Heroic boy, 8, saves mum's life after she has allergic reaction to chocolate

Heroic boy, 8, saves mum’s life after she has allergic reaction to chocolate

A quick-thinking eight-year-old helped save his mum’s life after she had a severe allergic reaction to chocolate. Jennifer Lamb – who was home alone with her son William – started going into anaphylactic shock shortly after eating the treat. Struggling to breathe, the 34-year-old managed to get his attention by throwing things and making noise, […]

Continue Reading
Grieving family’s call for allergy law gets cool response | Society

Grieving family’s call for allergy law gets cool response | Society

A grieving family’s call for a law compelling restaurants to put full allergen information on menus has been coolly received by the body representing the industry because of the extra costs involved at a time when many businesses are struggling. Owen Carey died from anaphylactic shock after eating a burger that had been marinaded in […]

Continue Reading
Allergic teenager who died was misled about Byron burger – coroner | Society

Allergic teenager who died was misled about Byron burger – coroner | Society

The family of a teenager who died of an allergic reaction to an unlisted ingredient in a burger have called for a new law on allergen labelling in restaurants. Owen Carey suffered anaphylactic shock after eating grilled chicken marinaded in buttermilk at the Byron restaurant at the O2 Arena in Greenwich, despite telling staff that […]

Continue Reading
Byron 'misled' customer over ingredients in buttermilk chicken which killed him

Byron ‘misled’ customer over ingredients in buttermilk chicken which killed him

The family of a teenager who died after eating a birthday meal at a branch of the Byron burger chain have demanded a change in the law on allergen labelling in restaurants after a coroner said he was misled into thinking the meal was safe for him to eat. Owen Carey, who told staff he […]

Continue Reading
Teenager dies from allergic reaction after eating buttermilk chicken at Byron

Teenager dies from allergic reaction after eating buttermilk chicken at Byron

A teenager who died from an allergic reaction after eating grilled chicken at a Byron burger restaurant did not know it had been coated in buttermilk, an inquest heard. Owen Carey, 18, collapsed while walking with his girlfriend in front of the London Eye an hour after he ate half a chicken burger which had […]

Continue Reading
Family of girl who died after eating Pret sandwich say 'pain won't go away'

Family of girl who died after eating Pret sandwich say ‘pain won’t go away’

The last few weeks were supposed to be the summer holidays of their lives, one which the Ednan-Laperouse family had been looking forward to for years. But since losing their 15-year-old daughter Natasha when she suffered a severe allergic reaction to a Pret A Manger sandwich in 2016, any time away as a family without […]

Continue Reading
Bear Grylls suffers life-threatening allergic reaction to bee sting while filming

Bear Grylls suffers life-threatening allergic reaction to bee sting while filming

Bear Grylls was saved by medics after a bee sting triggered a life-threatening allergic reaction. The 45-year-old former SAS hardman has taken on some of the most gruelling areas of the world but he was downed by the bee while filming. Bear, who is allergic to bee stings, went into anaphylactic shock, which can prove […]

Continue Reading
New vaccine may stop humans from having allergic reactions to cats

New vaccine may stop humans from having allergic reactions to cats

A vaccine has been developed to help people who have allergic reactions to cats. Scientists have made the HypoCat jab to stop people from having itchy eyes, runny noses and wheezing. And it is not even the allergic human who will take the pain of the injection, but their moggy friend who will be pricked. […]

Continue Reading